What I am Reading :) - Thankfulness

>> Wednesday, November 17, 2010



Right now, I am thankful for a certain book! 


Tonight, I started reading the book, "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God."
I had bought it a long while back with a couple other books and this one got put on the back burner then forgotten.
I can see where I had folded edges on some pages in the beginning and then stopped reading it.  I guess at the time I was not ready for the book or not interested in it.  Tonight, I was devouring the pages.


It has lifted me up so much about being at home with a joyful heart.  It helps me realize I am doing the work of God by being home, keeping my home, taking care of my husband and children and that all those things I do for them is unto God and He will supply all my needs.
I'm not a big fan of "me time."  I do like to go sometimes to the store by myself or things like that.  Well, I guess that I do get into "me time" then.  Anyway, it helped me to see I do not need any of that to be content.  There's been like this void in me that I'm always trying to fill... and I know ONLY GOD can fill it.. but I still try in vain.

I know for sure that ONLY GOD can fulfill it so I am handing that all over to Him and Him alone!  My temporary fixes never work!
I encourage you to read this book.  It has been sitting and waiting for me for too long.  I'm glad I had it to pick up tonight and start reading.  Renee, at The Growing Stam family has it on her side bar, and every time I see it - I think - "I  need to pull that book out and read it!"  Tonight, I did.  As with any book - it's not the Bible - but it is a wonderful book like speaking to a Godly friend and it is backed up all by scriptures.

I am thankful tonight, for that book, that is touching me!

3 comments:

Anonymous November 17, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

I so enjoyed the chapters I started reading before I started my Bible Study. I'm looking forward to reading it the rest of this book really soon.

Anonymous November 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

Cassidy,

This indeed, is an excellent book. And you were right, many times, we are not ready to read a book and Our Lord takes it away from us...until it is the right time and then it becomes a great blessing!

M.

Mrs. Stam November 18, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

LOVE that book!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP