I love staying home with my children! - Thankfulness!

>> Saturday, November 13, 2010





I love being home with my children.
It gives me a great opportunity to raise them for the Lord!
I am THANKFUL for this!
It also shuts out most bad influences and shelters them from learning about things they shouldn't learn about until they are much older.
It gives me the opportunity to teach them in the ways of God by example and by what we do together or how I instruct them.
It's a huge blessing to see the impact it has made on my girls!
I know in my heart that is where I am meant to be and I am thankful I am able to follow God, with my husband, by being able to stay at home.  I know that some ladies have no choice but to work and I respect that but I'm thankful that my life turned out to be where I could be at home to raise the girls.
It's an honor.
They tell me, constantly, I am the perfect mother.
I'm NOT!
I assure you of that.  I make mistakes but they look at those mistakes through love and respect and I go to them when I have made a mistake to make it right.
They see me by example in praying and they pray without being told or reminded.  Madi Grace will start praying over the food while I'm still fixing a plate.  I'm quick to stop and bow my head.
Even my baby, Hannah Joy, knows to bow her head.
In fact when I was cutting her hair I kept saying "chin down."  She didn't know what I meant.  Then it came to me... I said "bow your head" and she did just perfect for me to finish my haircut for her which did not turn out even!  My mom had to correct my mistakes!
They have such a beautiful heart to give and pray for others.
They will remind me to pray for someone or about something.
I'm blessed, so blessed, and I thank GOD for that.
There's a million reasons I love to stay home.
Do you stay home?  What are reasons you love it?
Blessings!

5 comments:

Anonymous November 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

How wonderful that you know exactly where you need to be...with your children! It is truly a ministry from Our Lord.

M.

Mrs. Stam November 13, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

May praises come from another"s mouth then our own (somewhere in proverb)

What a blessing it is and you are a GREAT MAMA!!! don't you ever put yourself down, you are doing the mighty work of the Lord and are worthy of praises!

Cassidy November 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Thank you both so much, ladies!

Anonymous November 14, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

How precious! I love being able to stay at home and care for my home and family. I have always felt that it was what I was called to do. It is my ministry.

Anonymous November 14, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

I am also thankful of this. I have to remind myself of this sometimes when things are chaotic. But I know there is no place I'd rather be or that God wants me.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP