Thankfulness Post #11 - Baby Dolls

>> Tuesday, November 2, 2010



I am thankful for dolls, yes, dolls.  :)
When I was growing up, I played with my "babies" all the time.  I loved being their Mommy and calling myself Mommy.  I loved to rock them and feed them, to bundle them up and put them to bed, and just to walk around holding them and taking them anywhere I was allowed to take them.  I think it helped me with sweet mothering.  I even bathed them.  It was just a sweet time in my life.
I now collect dolls.  I have a nice collection and some vintage doll furniture I plan to display with  my doll collection upstairs in a room we are not using.

I love to watch my girls playing babies.  I love to hear how they talk to their dolls.  I love to see them taking care of them.  I love to see my mothering reflected back to me as I hear them say things to their babies that I say to them.  I love all of it.
Tonight my girls were playing babies and I had to take pictures.  They spent their after school time washing their babies' hair and combing it out nicely (the blonde haired one had aweful looking matted hair but Madi Grace got it all fixed up!)  They dressed them and were playing with them.

 I took a pic of them with their babies tonight.  (and Miss Hannah Joy had to be in the picture, she ran over and lined up - so cute!)

Didn't they do a nice job on their hair?
(btw, these are not Americ@n Girl dolls, they are Target's "My Generation" dolls that look just like the expensive ones!
(and they have the horses, salon chairs, clothes etc.. like the expensive ones do.  Their cost is $30 tho so much cheaper)
They put them in matching white lacey dresses!

Hannah Joy RAN to get her baby!  It's a B@by Alive.
I think her baby is almost as big as her!  ;)
Hannah's hair is a mess because I am not wanting to upset her much so I have been combing it every other day instead of daily.
.......then....... ALL 3 sisters & babies!  :)
I want to keep their babies for them for when they grow up.  They can pass them down to their daughters and watch their delight.  I wish I had some of my dolls from when I was a little girl.

I think baby dolls are such a wonderful way to see your daughter learning how to be a good Mommy.  I encourage them as I see or hear them doing or saying sweet things to their babies.  Tonight they made a lot of pretty, colorful foods for their babies and put it in their "pantry" made from a cheerio box redone.

Oh, life is sweet!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous November 3, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

I grew up with one large doll that my mother gave me before she left to come to the U.S.

Barbies and such was something I learned through my little sister that was born here.

Now, my daughter only likes cloth dolls...so I am still surrounded by them :)

M.

Mrs. Stam November 3, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

we have lots of dolls over here too :-) I love seeing them playing Mama's it's a great learning tools.

this site is a great tutorial to make you own babies, I bet you and the girls will love this one! http://rhythmofthehomeblog.com/?page_id=797

Illinois Lori November 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

Very sweet!

Rivers of Water November 3, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Baby dolls are sweet and a great way to nurture that mothering instinct for later in life. I am glad they have fond memories of playing with them.

Anonymous November 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

I was here today! Dolls are so much fun and such a wonderful learning tool to be like mom.

Anonymous November 4, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

I remember all my dolls. Each one had a special "gift" that could make me happy. Thanks for sharing your beautiful children and their babies.

BTW, you won the drawing on my blog, www.walkingoldpaths.blogspot.com

email you address to me so I can send your things!

Grace & Peace

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP