Thankfulness Post #9

>> Monday, November 1, 2010



I'm so thankful for horses.
I grew up riding horses.  When I was young I had a pony  named Blackie and I loved riding her.  Then I would ride whatever horse was available as my Papaw taught me how.
Finally, I got my favorite horse ever, named Goldie!
She was a thoroughbred and her paper name was Fogey's Gold Dust.  Her parents were Old Fogey and Go Dusty Money.
"Goldie fit just right."  Daddy said once the only reason I liked that hot headed horse was because we were just a like.
If I tied her down she would break the reins.
If I just flipped the reins over the hitching post she'd stand fine.
She didn't like to be tied up!  Neither did I or do I!  :)  lol
This is me this summer on Mom's barrel racing horse, "Rip."
or as she so lovingly calls him her "Ripper Man!"
Horses are a beautiful stress reliever.  You feel so free on a horse with your hair whipping your back as the wind hits your face and you are on this beautiful horse.  It's an amazing feeling.
I really love horses.  I miss being home where I could write any day I wanted.  Dad was sweet trying to saddle her for me but I didn't want that.  I also unsaddled her and washed her off.  He was also trying to do that.  He did help me some but I was wanting and doing most everything because I truly wanted to.  
Now, something funny!

Here is Daddy on a horse he is training and he has stopped me to tell me to slow down.  I begged not to slow down so he told me to slow down for a bit and then I could ride 2 more times really fast again and through the trees.  Rip is a barrel racing horse so I was turning him in between trees around a tree and flying back and forth everywhere.  Dad finally got too nervous and made me get off!
I kept saying, "I AM FINE!  I haven't forgotten how to do this!!!!"
He'd say "okay."  Then as I said he finally made me get off.  I think I was making him stress out.  He promptly told my hubby that I "had too much of my Mama in me."  He had told me to walk and I said that was boring!  I wanted to RUN!  He didn't want me to underestimate Rip's power but I didn't!  I thought it was sweet that Dad was concerned.  I love him so much more than I can say!

Horses are amazing!!  You just need to ride when your Daddy, the horse trainer, isn't around!  :)  lol  I told Mom about it and she laughed.  I was extra proud because Mom was proud that Dad said I was too much like her.. and another sister had tried to ride Rip and he just kept spinning on her.  She rode horses too but she was younger when she did.  She's better than me in many ways it always seems so it was nice to be able to ride Rip with no problem.
I'm also thankful for MY DADDY!!!!!  He has raised me since I was 7 years old!  You might say he is my step dad and while legally that is true I would argue he raised me and is my Daddy.  He has loved my sisters and I like crazy forever.  He took us camping, he always took me to the doctor when I had to go.  He held my hair back as I puked with mono.  He has done so much for me.  OK, I'm saving this for another thankful post because a million and one things comes to mind and I could literally write a book about it.
PRAISE GOD FOR MY DADDY!
Blessings!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous November 1, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Oh Cassidy...horses are such wonderful creatures!

My daughter, who doesn't walk, truly enjoys being on a horse. The horse seems to understand that she is different and slows down for her and calms her completely.

Yes, I am thankful for horses - they are my daughter's legs!

M.

Mrs. Stam November 1, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

I've only ride a horse once and I loved it!!!

Kathryn November 1, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

Had one of the most terrifying experiences of my life on a horse, but I still think they are beautiful :)

Illinois Lori November 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Thanks for sharing your blessing with us today!

Anonymous November 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

My dad was a horse trainer. I had a horse when I was young named lightening. How neat!

Anonymous November 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

I think that horses are beautiful creatures but I've only ridden one once and it was a terrifying experience for me as the horse on the trail ride was very figety and nervous. I haven't ridden since and have a bit of a fear about doing so. I do love to watch them though.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP