Today we visited a church nearby...

>> Sunday, October 17, 2010

We really loved it!  It was small and the church family seemed so close and loving.  They were so welcoming to us.  So many people introduced themselves to us.  The pastor was great, the youth minister wonderful, everything was so nice.  There were several children and many things to get involved in.  The church is like one mile from our house and that is great too!  (esp. when Kenny is taking forever to get ready per usual!  lol)  We are going back on Wednesday so I can go to a book study and the girls can go to the childrens' program.  Hannah Joy will stay home with Daddy since we do not put her in the nursery.  (we won't do that until we're sure that's where we will stay because we do not want to upset her with different nurseries if we visit another church)  I really think we will end up staying there and if so she'll get acquainted to the children and the nursery.  She did fine at the church we went to in FL.  (oh how happy I am to be back in TX!!!!!!!)  We're having a Fall Festival with the church next Sunday at 5 and I'm already planning away to help with it.  They are also doing Operation Christmas Child (look it up!  it's awesome) at the ladies meetings twice a month on Monday nights.  Mom did that one year and the girls and I got to join in.  It was so wonderful to give that way!  Mom's boxes were so over stuffed! - typical mom - she's precious!  The girls also liked the church today.  We haven't been to a church like this one in years but well.... it sure seems right.  (it's Baptist by the way in case you are curious)  We were going to a baptist church back home but this one is... just... different than that one.  OK, I'm rambling but I'm really excited after today!  I hope to meet some homeschoolers there?  Maybe?  :)  Friends and Church Family will be wonderful to have again!!!!  Smiles!



3 comments:

Anonymous October 18, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

Oh, I am so happy that you are finding a place to worship! May the Lord guide your decisions and give you enjoyment in the process.

Anonymous October 18, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

That sounds great, I'm glad you went back to Kenny and said you wanted to try it out :) I am curious...do they preach/teach only from the King James?

I know when we found this church, it really felt like I was "home" had found a home church and a home family...the Lord just lays it on your heart to start helping out with whatever you can! :)

Anonymous October 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

I PRAY THIS IS A GOOD HOME FOR YOU!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP