Thankful Post #7

>> Saturday, October 30, 2010



I am thankful for the Library!
I'm thankful because I can go there and not pay for books to read.  I am also using them in my homeschooling and it keeps me from paying for so many books.  I need them for related subjects for more texts about subjects we learn on.  I also love that the library is usually calm and quiet and you can easily find what you are needing.  I love how those unfortunate can go in and read books and check them out so they have books to read at home.

The library saves a lot of money since they are free to check out.
It saves a lot of time because you don't have to wait on books you have ordered to arrive.  And sometimes, it might save your sanity to get over to a quiet place and relax as you choose a book or books to read!  I really am so thankful for the library and will be going there today, in fact.
Smiles!

6 comments:

Anonymous October 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

It's so wonderful to hear of someone using the library. My girls are deprived of sorts from using our library. Our library is very poor and I end up having to buy 99% of our books. I guess I'm creating my own library :)

Christine October 30, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

We love our library, too! We have a great library, with librarians who LOVE homeschoolers!! Our town's new library building will be finished next year, and we can't wait. What a wonderful thing to be thankful for.

Blessings to you,
Christine

Kathryn October 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

We love our library too. The land it sits on has quite a history, and that is fascinating to me. I love to take the littles there and let them go to the kids section. I go to the magazine room. The library used to be a big, beautiful home, and the magazine room is what was the parlor/sitting room. I sit in a big comfy chair in front of a beautiful fireplace, and get warm and read while I wait for the kids. Our library also has movies we can check out. Much cheaper than going to blockbuster, and you just have to wait a bit for the new releases to arrive there.

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands October 30, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

Hello Cassidy,
The library is a wonderful friend to our family.. We are blessed with a park near our library so it is a great morning when we go and this homeschooling mama goes often.
Blessings,
Virginia

Anonymous October 30, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

My library is my other school room :)

I have become friends with all the librarians and my sons volunteer there during the week.

It has been an amazing tool for me as a teacher, but also, I was able to teach myself how to read and understand English through the books it offered.

Great blessing!

M.

Gottjoy! October 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

We use our library a lot, too.

That was such a neat tidbit you posted on my blog about the DCB. David still seems a little 'weird'..ha! But I love that band!

Have a great day, Cassidy.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP