Counting My Blessings #6

>> Friday, October 29, 2010



I am SO thankful for my MOM!
Here she is, with no make up, so she'd give me issue about this picture, lol, but I think she looks beautiful all the time.
Here she has just finished baking a cake with each girls help.
*My children, that is.. and they call her GiGi*
She is one of the most amazing people I know.
She had an annurism about 4 years ago.. maybe a little longer.
It ruptured and when they rupture people often do not live.
Mom had JESUS on her side and He protected her and healed her.
She is loving, generous, kind, and always nonjudgemental and encouraging to me... and others.  I'm SO thankful to have her in my life.  It would not be the same without her.  I pray God lets her stay with me on Earth til she's 105!  After her brain surgery, a lot changed.  We weren't as close before.  But now, we are very close and we often say to each other we are best friends and mom and daughter.  She has that same desire with one of my sisters.
(other sisters came from dad, not mom)
She is such a wonderful GiGi.  She does stuff with the girls and they have a great time.  While we were staying there for 3 months they had "GiGi Monday" each week and Mom did fun stuff with them like picnics and baking and riding horses or just whatever.  She spent time with all of us daily also.  She and I snuck in a LOT of time together.  Sometimes just laying down watching a movie or sometimes going to eat... you name it.  She comes to visit me once a month here.  (I now live 3 hours away)  There were some laughs that she wouldn't actually follow through with it but she has!  She calls me at least once a week, usually more than that.... and I call her too.  She's just a gift.  I can talk to her about ANYTHING.  Good, bad, ugly, you name it!!  She's there to listen, help me, and never to point a finger or say negatives about me.  If I say a negative about me, she quickly corrects me.  I would be lost without my mother.  I could write a novel on her, I truly could!  She's done amazing things but most importantly to me she is an amazing Mom and GiGi and she loves my Daddy with all her heart!
Who could ask for more?
She'll never read this because she doesn't know much about the computer but if there was a way she could read it.  I would tell her that this doesn't even touch the tip of what I truly have to say about how she is a blessing to me and I am SO THANKFUL!

6 comments:

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands October 29, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

Hello Cassidy,
I love your post. Gi Gi (gorgeous grandmom).
That is what I hope my grandbabies will call me..
Gee Gee, I love it and it is so cute and kind of a silly reminder we are gorgeous grandmom's in our grandchildren's eyes.
You have a special gift from God with your mom.
Enjoy and love her..

Blessings,
Virginia

Christine October 29, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

Cassidy, Love your thoughts about your mom; I love mine, too! What a precious relationship.

Blessings to you,
Christine

Anonymous October 29, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

It wasn't until I matured unto the woman I am today, that I realized what an amazing mother I have been blessed with!

What precious mother you have dear friend,

M.

Anonymous October 29, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

I'm finally able to make the rounds today! It's been busy day :)

Oh, the treasure of your dear mom and with a special miracle of life after her illness years ago.

Rivers of Water October 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

A wonderful blessing indeed!!!

Illinois Lori October 29, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

That's such a lovely tribute, I enjoyed reading about her! She has intense eyes...I can't believe that's w/o makeup! So pretty!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP