A Lovely day

>> Tuesday, June 12, 2012



Today has been such a lovely day!

I wish I had pictures to share.  (what is everyone using now that we no longer have picnik?)

I woke up at 7 a.m. and had my quiet time with the Lord.  I started a load of dishes and piddled around the house and prayed and such for a couple of hours.

The girls woke up and I made them some biscuits.  They enjoyed them because they have been having a lot of waffles.  So, this was a nice "treat" for them.  I am planning for muffins in the morning but I am going to make them tonight, I think.

We worked together and put away the dishes and my hubby ran a cleaning cycle on the dishwasher with lemons in there and I think some vinegar too but I'm not sure on that.

We left to go meet friends at Burger K!ng.  They have a big in door place place that's really nice.  I saw my cousin, Brandi there.  She was there with her dad and her children.  So I got to see them and our friends (the Autreys)  The Autrey family is like family to us as well!  We had such a good visit.  My friend, Leslie, bought all of the children ice cream cones after lunch.  (so sweet)

After that, I did a few errands for my hubby and then we got what we needed for dinner tonight, the muffin packets, and some goldfish crackers.  We were relaxed and happy and things went without stress or me having anxiety which was wonderful.

We came home and I loaded another load of dishes.  (my dishwasher has been down so I had 3 days of dishes to get cleaned, aweful, right?)  We all had some free time and relaxed.  At that point I was needing some time out to just be quiet and relax.  I had been "doing" since 7 a.m. and was getting overwhelmed.  I listened to that feeling and took a break.  I'm glad that I did.  :)  I had the girls play in the play room during this time.

Soon it was time for supper.  We made an easy meal:  barbeque weenies, mac-n-cheese and ranch beans.  Sarah Faith cut up the weenies.  Madi Grace made the mac-n-cheese.  Hannah stirred on each as needed.  I made the ranch beans then we each grabbed a plate and had our dinner.  It was easy, simple and I was not stressed.  The girls cleared their plates and had extra.  (even Hannah ate everything and normally will not eat beans.  She asked for seconds on every item)  

My hubby cleaned off the coffee table which was piling up and a chair nearby that is a catch all.  I was so happy and thankful for that.  (of course I told him so!  smile)  

Now, we are all having some down time while the dishes in the dishwasher cool down from the "dry cycle."  We'll then work together to get them put away and a last load going.

All day my girls kept thanking me again and again.  I finally asked what they were so thankful for and they said that they were thankful I was happy which made them happy.  (and they did name a couple of things like biscuits for breakfast and having lunch with friends also)  However, they said they would have been just as happy at home today because I was happy and it made such a good day.

I should be happy more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM  

Oh dear, how I have missed you. My blogs feeds were eaten and I've been slowly recovering them. I even lost my old blog when I changed email addys on my acct. I have a card here for you, but you had moved and I lost contact :( I hope that you will contact me. xoxo (((hugs)))

allofakindfamily.com

DeNiece Barnes June 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM  

I too have missed you here at your blog, at the sugarpie farmhouse, and just letters in general. I am so glad to see you back, you were so encouraging to me and I really miss that. I hope to hear from you soon dear friend...The girls have asked about Sarah Faith and Madi Grace so please tell them hello for them.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP